Employee Spotlight - Samantha Davila Perez

Our top-notch employees are what make our five award-winning hotels in St.Robert, MO so great! Our employees work hard to ensure guest satisfaction. Today, we would like to feature one of our newest members of our management team, Samantha Davila Perez. Read on to learn about her journey to being promoted to General Manager at Fairfield by Marriott and some fun facts about her!




How did you get started with Fort Wood Hotels?

I began my journey with Fort Wood Hotels on April 29th, 2009 when I excitedly got to start my first job as a housekeeper at the Fairfield Inn. In 2011, I got promoted as the Executive Assistant at Hampton Inn. After a little over 10 months, I transitioned back to the Fairfield Inn as the Executive Housekeeper until 2015, when I moved to Front Desk Manager. In February 2020, I was promoted to General Manager. When starting at Fort Wood Hotels, I did not envision myself to be in the position I am in today. I am so proud and blessed to be a part of the Fort Wood Hotels Family and excited to see what the future may bring.

What brought you to the St. Robert, Missouri area?

In 1999, my dad Kurt retired from Walmart from Rolla, Mo after serving 20 years and 4 months. As a family, we moved to Pulaski County on 50 acres to settle down and be close to my mom’s family in the surrounding area.

What do you like most about your job?

I would say I love it, because I have the chance to work with guests and team members from a wide range of cultures. My passion is to please people, making sure our guests are enjoying their stay, feel at home and enjoy their overall hotel experience.

For myself, the hotel has offered advancement opportunities to drive my professional career in hospitality in the past 11 years of my service at Fort Wood Hotels. 

What did you want to be when you grew up?

When I think back growing up, I imagined myself becoming a kindergarten school teacher. I remember as a little girl, my cousins would come over and we would gather in my playroom to play school. Of course, we would always fight who would play teacher, and more times than I can count, I excitedly was the one who got to teach the class. I had the best set up for my classroom with a big white erase board, dry erase markers, desk chairs, homework books, print outs, and my favorite part was my whistle to blow when it was time to come back in from recess.

What is something very few people know about you?

I started playing flute in intermediate school, which was sixth grade at Newburg school.

Once going into middle school, I decided to become a band geek. I didn’t consider myself a band geek for being in the band but taking it to the next level. I practiced every night after school, later to become first chair in the flute section to receive solos. Freshman year, marching band was introduced at Newburg school. Marching band gave me an outlet for my passion for music, as well as being a part of a beautiful ensemble.

Tell us about your family?

Family is my greatest treasure. I am married to my wonderful husband of 4 years, Yomar. I have one handsome boy, Jayden 2 years old, and our recent addition Lula, our miniature schnauzer. My Dad, older sister, brother, and husband’s family live in the surrounding area. On May 25th, 2018 I lost my loving Mother to her battle to cancer. 



What activities are you involved with outside of work?

I have participated in Relay for Life for the past 8 years to remember loved ones lost, those being affected today and to help take action against cancer. I am an Alumni Associate of the Leadership Pulaski County to show my passion for giving back to the community. In December of 2019, I was so blessed to be a part of the Foster Love Project with LPC Class 8. I also enjoy being outdoors, visiting with family and friends, and relaxing on weekends. Most importantly I am a wife and loving mother to my son.




Book Your Stay With Us at Fort Wood Hotels! 

Whether you stay for a weekend or a week, we know you will have plenty to keep you busy. Plan your next great trip to St. Robert MO, and stay a few days. We have so much to see! Fort Wood Hotels has six different properties to choose from and we will find exactly what you need for your visit. Just make sure you choose one of our hotels near Fort Leonard Wood as your place to stay. Fort Wood Hotels has been serving guests and communities in and around the Fort Leonard Wood Missouri area since 1999. We are absolutely committed to ensuring that your stay is as special as the reason you are here. 

Staying for a day...a week...or a month?  We've got you covered!




Make sure to follow all our social media channels:

Reservations: 573-451-3678

Sales Office: 573-451-3203

sales@fortwoodhotels.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What People Love Most About Comfort Inn in St. Roberts/Fort Leonard Wood

Get More Amenities at Our MainStay Extended Stay Hotel!

Breweries to Enjoy in the Fort Leonard Wood Area