Employee Spotlight- Rick Morris!
Fort Wood Hotels has Six Award Winning hotels in St. Robert MO ran by a team of top-notch employees. We have many exceptional employees that make our hotels stand out amongst its competitors with our "Ozark Hospitality". Our hotels near Fort Leonard Wood MO operates at such a high level due to the leadership of our Director of Operations, Rick Morris. Rick Morris operates all six of our properties on a daily basis. He joined the company in April 2007 and has played a huge role in our daily operations and within the community. He has a passion for serving and believes in creating a great culture where teams are resourced and empowered. He does this by helping employees understand their roles in serving our guests, our teams, and our communities.
Learn About Rick Morris
Rick Morris served 23 years in the United States Army and retired as a Command Sergeant Major. Rick is married to Audrey Julia (AJ) and they have a 30-year-old son (Jake) who is a MP Company Commander 1LT in the US Army Reserves. Rick is a Supporter of his Community and a Soldier for Life. Command Sergeant Major (R) Richard C. Morris was raised In Apple Valley, Minnesota and entered the US Army in July 1983. He completed Military Police One Station Unit Training (OSUT) at Fort McClellan, Alabama in November 1983. Rick received a Bachelor of Arts in General Studies from Columbia College in 2003.
Since retiring from the Army in October 2006 Rick has earned the title of Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) and is a 2009 Graduate of Emory Executive Education, Global Leadership Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, GA. He currently serves as the Director of Operations for Fort Wood Hotels by Ehrhardt Properties, Saint Robert, MO and is an Owner/Partner in Liberty Park Apartments in St. Robert and The Lodges at Rolla (Gated Multi-Family Communities).
His high energy, positive style of leadership will inspire you to reach high and achieve great things. He also believes, "if your presence doesn't make a difference - Your absence probably won't either". He teaches all employees to make a difference every day through hospitality. After traveling the world himself, he now helps our hotels serve our guests from all over.
Awards & Honors
Rick Morris continues to make a difference in his community every day by his involvement in organizations and associations. His excellence has been noticed and here are some of his accomplishments.
- Legion of Merit
- Bronze Star Medal
- Meritorious Service Medal with 7 Oak Leaf Clusters
- Army Commendation Medal with 5 Oak Leaf Clusters
- Army Achievement Medal with 8 Oak Leaf Clusters
- Humanitarian Service Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal
- Korean Defense Service Medal
- Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
- Combat Action Badge
- Basic Parachutist Badge
- Air Assault Badge
- Gold Army Recruiter Badge with 3 Sapphire Stars
- Military Police Corps Order of the Marechaussee in Bronze
- Chairman of the Committee of Fifty
- AUSA State President Missouri
- President of the Pulaski County Tourism Board
- President of the Pulaski County Hotel and Lodging Association
- Active Member of the Executive Board of the Sustainable Ozarks Partnership (SOP)
- Board Member of Pulaski County Growth Alliance (PCGA)
- Lifetime Member of the Military Police Regimental Association (MPRA)
- Lifetime Member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)
- Lifetime member of the Association of the United States Army (AUSA)
- Member of the Army's Sergeant Audie Murphy Club
- Member of the Army's Sergeant Morales Club
- Member of the Pulaski County Rotary Club and Rotary International
- 2016 Awarded Rotary International Paul Harris Fellow
- Chamber of Commerce 2017 Outstanding Contributor of the Year-
- Served as United States Army Chapter President 2010-12
- Awarded the COL Ed Owsley award for distinguished service by AUSA
- Awarded the Lieutenant Governors Veterans Service Award for continued service to Veterans in Missouri.
- Served on the Rolla City Council (Ward 5) from April 2007-2009
- In 2014, CSM Morris was awarded the prestigious Sergeant Major of the Army Bainbridge Award for his lifelong contributions to the US Army and the NCO Corps. Read the full article here.
- 2016 Chamber of Commerce Charitable Business of the Year
|Photo Credit: AUSA Annual Meeting|
Fort Wood Hotels is honored to have such an outstanding individual on our team. Rick Morris has such compassion for the community and for tourism in this area. He will continue to make an impact in the area and to have his leadership at our hotels is what makes our team excel. You will not find higher quality hotels at a better value in our area. Our hotels near Fort Leonard Wood and staff consistently earn top awards, and our unbeatable guest satisfaction speaks volumes about our commitment to you. It all comes back to offering hometown hospitality and giving the guests what they need.