Employee Spotlight-Belinda Threlkeld

Fort Wood Hotels has Six Award Winning hotels in St. Robert MO ran by a team of top-notch employees.  We have many exceptional employees that make our hotels stand out amongst its competitors with our "Ozark Hospitality".  Our hotels near Fort Leonard Wood MO operates at such a high level due to the leadership of our MainStay Suites, Belinda Threlkeld.  Here are a few fun facts about Belinda Threlkeld to get to know her a bit.  

Learn About Belinda Threlkeld


Q. How did you get started with Fort Wood Hotels?

A. I was working as a waitress at Aussie Jacks. I had recently been through a divorce and needed another job to get by. Steve Ehrhardt and his wife had been into the restaurant to eat a few times and I had been their waitress. The owner of Aussie Jack's had mentioned to them that I had experience as an Executive Housekeeper.  I got an interview and he hired me the same day he interviewed me. After 19 years with the company, I am still here and loving it.  It is a great place to work and the owner supports all of us who work for him.  It is a great feeling.  Plus, Fort Wood Hotels supports the community and that means a lot to me to work for a company that wants to help others.


Q. What brought you to the St. Robert, Missouri area?

A. My first husband was in the Army and after he completed his service, we settled in this great community.  We found great jobs, and this is where we made our home. 

Q. What do you like most about your job?

A. I love having the opportunity to meet people from all over the world.  This job allows me to meet so many amazing guests and also work with an AWESOME team.  Both the team at MainStay Suites and the Fort Wood Hotels team are just amazing people to work with.


Q. What are some of your favorite things to do when you are not at work?

A. Traveling and riding motorcycles is what you will find me doing when I am not working.  The great thing is those two passions go hand in hand, so I can do both at the same time.

Q. What activities are you involved with outside of work?

A. My husband and I love to ride motorcycles or cruise in our '56 Chevy for different charity events.  One of the most recent events we rode for was a charity event for Alzheimer.  My mom suffered from this disease for over 14 years, so it was dear to my heart.  We also take every opportunity to support the Animal Shelter and Cancer Society. 



Q. What did you want to be when you grew up?

A. The first career I dreamed of was to be a Veterinarian and then as I got older I wanted to join the Air Force.  Neither one came to be, but I am happy with my life and where I am at.


Q. What is something very few people know about you?

A. I used to be very shy and quiet. My little sister talked me into waiting tables to earn better money during my divorce and it really brought me out of my shell. Now, as I work in the hospitality industry, you would have never known I was ever shy.

Q. Tell us about your family?

A. I am from Miller, Missouri.  I am remarried to an amazing guy, Larry.  I have two kids Joshua and Tisha. Tisha is married to Kendal, so our family continues to grow.  I come from a large family which I love, having four sisters and three brothers. We lost our Loving mother in 2017, which was hard on all of us. My second family is my team, I'm with them just as much or more than I am with my family.  I am happy to be surrounded by so many people that I consider family, whether by blood or by work.


Fort Wood Hotels is honored to have such an outstanding individual on our team.  Belinda Threlkeld's dedication and work ethic continues to set the bar at Fort Wood Hotels.  We are lucky to have such an outstanding team member.




STAY WITH US AT FORT WOOD HOTELS


Whether you stay for a weekend or a week, we know you will have plenty to keep you busy. Plan your next great trip to St. Robert MO, and stay a few days. We have so much to see! Fort Wood Hotels has six different properties to choose from and we will find exactly what you need for your visit. Just make sure you choose one of our hotels near Fort Leonard Wood as your place to stay. Fort Wood Hotels has been serving guests and communities in and around the Fort Leonard Wood Missouri area since 1999. We are absolutely committed to ensuring that your stay is as special as the reason you are here. 

Staying for a day...a week...or a month?  We've got you covered!




Make sure to follow all our social media channels:

Reservations: 573-451-3678

Sales Office: 573-451-3203

sales@fortwoodhotels.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What People Love Most About Comfort Inn in St. Roberts/Fort Leonard Wood

Breweries to Enjoy in the Fort Leonard Wood Area

Get More Amenities at Our MainStay Extended Stay Hotel!