Top Tips When Visiting A Military Graduation!
Fort Leonard Wood Military Base is only minutes away from our family of hotels, making our hotels the perfect lodging choice when attending a Fort Leonard Wood Graduation. Fort Wood Hotels has six hotel options to choose from when you need a hotel near Fort Leonard Wood, MO. Many of our staff members have a military background, so they make sure every military family feels at home when staying at any of our properties. You will not find higher quality hotels at a better value in our area and we absolutely guarantee satisfaction. Check out a few of our Top Tips When Visiting A Military Graduation.
PLAN AHEADYour family member should have received information with all the details regarding their graduation. Details such as how to enter the base, times, location, etc. In addition to those items your graduate passed along we have a few tips to make sure you are ready for the big day.
- Find out how long your graduate has to visit with family. Many graduations will have a family day the day before graduation, so find out if your graduate has one as well. If so, plan to arrive a day earlier to spend as much time with them as possible. You will need to find out if your graduate will be able to leave base while you are in town. Each unit may be different, so find out in advance so you can plan accordingly.
- Book your stay early. There are many graduations happening on the same day, so book your stay early. We have lots of lodging options but if you are looking for a specific room type, lock it in early to ensure you get the exact room you want during your stay. Below, you will see more information regarding our family of hotels.
- Make plans to visit the local attractions. If your graduate is able to get away while you are in town, make sure you know all the great places to have fun. This area is packed with attractions, museums, outdoor activities and restaurants. Make the most out of your time in town but do some research ahead of time to fit it all in.
- Plan out all details regarding entry into the military base. Plan to leave early due to many graduations happening at the same time. It is first come basis on seating for each graduation so arrive early to get the best seats. There may be a line to enter the base, so leave early to make sure you are not late. Be prepared and have all documentation ready before getting to the base. Below is a list of all documentation needed for entry.
DOCUMENTATION NEEDED TO ENTER MILITARY BASEVisitors are provided information by the sponsoring unit on access procedures for attending graduation. Here is what you can expect:
- Everyone entering will have their ID checked. Even those traveling in the same motor vehicle. This applies to anyone over the age of 18 years of age. If you do not have a valid ID card, you must undergo additional screening to gain access. This may take additional time, so be prepared and check with the base ahead of time.
- Have proper vehicle information. The person driving the vehicle into the base will be required to show proof of current vehicle insurance and current vehicle registration. Have your information available prior to arriving at the gate for quicker processing.
- Be prepared for random inspection of your vehicle or anyone in your vehicle. Military personnel have the right to do random inspections of any vehicle or person. Plan to arrive early in case this happens to you.
For more information on how to enter the base and what is considered proper identification, visit the military base's website.
All information regarding whether your soldier can leave the base after graduation will be given by their unit. Pass Policies vary by unit and depending upon the next destination of your soldier. Please see the unit for details on passes after graduation.
CHOOSE THE RIGHT HOTEL FOR YOUR STAY
With six different lodging options to choose from, we have price points to fit anyone's budget. If you need to stay one night, we have you covered. If you need to stay a couple days, no problem. If you would like to make a week out of visiting the area, we can certainly do that as well. We can work with you to make coming to the area as easy as possible for you and your family. You can visit one website, www.FortWoodHotels.com to check out all of our six properties and compare them to see which one is the right fit for your budget and needs.
Not only do our price points work for any family visiting the area, we have a wide variety of room types to choose from. Some of our rooms have kitchens while others are your standard hotel room. Some of our properties offer free breakfast, free laundry, and many other perks while staying with us to make your trip even more affordable. Our website is a great place to compare all the amenities of each property to see which one is right for you.
Fairfield Inn by Marriott
Hampton Inn by Hilton
Each property offers a unique experience for the visitor. If you are a Hilton, Marriott, IHG, or Choice rewards member, we have options to use your rewards. Check out a full list of each hotel's amenities on our website. All of our properties have high-speed internet, breakfast available either for free or for purchase, fitness center, and much more. All the conveniences of home but closer to your loved one in the military.