Employee Spotlight-Roxan McAlmont


Fort Wood Hotels has Six Award Winning hotels in St. Robert MO ran by a team of top-notch employees.  We have many exceptional employees that make our hotels stand out amongst its competitors with our "Ozark Hospitality".  Our hotels near Fort Leonard Wood MO operates at such a high level due to the leadership of our Fairfield Inn General Manager, Roxan McAlmont.  Here are a few fun facts about Roxan McAlmont to get to know her a bit.  

Learn About Roxan McAlmont


Q. How did you get started with Fort Wood Hotels?

A. I started working part-time at Fairfield Inn in 1998 when they first opened under different ownership. In 2002, Steve bought the hotel and asked us to stay with the company.  At the time I was the front desk manager and continued as the front desk manager after the ownership transitioned.  I later became the General Manager in 2012.    



Q. What brought you to the St. Robert, Missouri area?

A. As a military wife, we were transferred to the area in 1997.  I have stayed in the area ever since.  


Q. What are some of your favorite things to do when you are not at work?

A. I love to kick back and relax.  Usually, when I am not at work, I am catching up with work at the house.  I do enjoy sitting down to play my favorite game Candy Crush on my tablet.  In the past, you may have seen me playing bingo but these days, I am more low-key.  

Q. What activities are you involved with outside of work?

A. I am an active Kiwanis member.  I also help lead a Fort Wood Hotel's Relay for Life team for Pulaski County.  This year I became a graduate of the Leadership Pulaski County Class 2018.  In addition to that, I participate in the Waynesville-St. Robert Chamber of Commerce.  It keeps me busy but I enjoy getting involved with the local community.  





Q. What did you want to be when you grew up?

A. For the most part, I can't remember exactly what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I have always loved working with numbers, which lead me down the path of accounting. I went to school in accounting in Guyana, South America and worked in that field for a few years.  I started working in accounting at AAFES in Fort Huachuca.  I was transferred to this area working in the retail division.  That move brought me to the area which led me to work for this company. 


Q. What is something very few people know about you?

A. This is a fun fact but I am double jointed.  I have always been able to slip my shoulders out of its socket. When I was younger, I used this skill to be mischievous.  One example was a boy was swinging me by my arms and I slipped my joints out of its socket.  I told him he did it to me and that I was going to tell the principal.  He was so scared and I thought it was funny.  It was a joke but he didn't think it was too funny. 

Q. Tell us about your family?

A. I am originally from Guyana in South America.  I come from a large family which I love.  There were seven of us, four boys and three girls.  Unfortunately, my parents have both passed and two of my siblings.  As for the rest of my siblings, we are spread all over.  Two of them live in Canada, two live in Guyana, South America and I live here.  I do have one daughter, Keane.  She lives in Virginia and works for Virginia State University. 


Thank You Roxan McAlmont For Your Hard-Work!

Fort Wood Hotels is honored to have such an outstanding individual on our team.  Roxan McAlmont's dedication and work ethic continues to set the bar at Fort Wood Hotels.  We are lucky to have such an outstanding team member.




STAY WITH US AT FORT WOOD HOTELS


Whether you stay for a weekend or a week, we know you will have plenty to keep you busy. Plan your next great trip to St. Robert MO, and stay a few days. We have so much to see! Fort Wood Hotels has six different properties to choose from and we will find exactly what you need for your visit. Just make sure you choose one of our hotels near Fort Leonard Wood as your place to stay. Fort Wood Hotels has been serving guests and communities in and around the Fort Leonard Wood Missouri area since 1999. We are absolutely committed to ensuring that your stay is as special as the reason you are here. 

Staying for a day...a week...or a month?  We've got you covered!




Make sure to follow all our social media channels:

Reservations: 573-451-3678

Sales Office: 573-451-3203

sales@fortwoodhotels.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What People Love Most About Comfort Inn in St. Roberts/Fort Leonard Wood

Breweries to Enjoy in the Fort Leonard Wood Area

Get More Amenities at Our MainStay Extended Stay Hotel!