Employee Spotlight- Janel Rowell

Our top-notch employees are what make our Six Award Winning hotels in St. Robert MO so great.  We have many exceptional employees that make our hotels stand out amongst its competitors and today we will feature one of them.  Our hotels near Fort Leonard Wood MO operates at such a high level due to the leadership of our Comfort Inn General Manager, Janel Rowell.  Here are a few fun facts about Janel Rowell to get to know her a bit.  

Learn About Janel Rowell


Q. How did you get started with Fort Wood Hotels?

A.  I started in Housekeeping at Comfort Inn in September of 1999, just a few months after the hotel opened. My previous experience was fast food but I enjoyed the hotel industry. When a position came open at the front desk, they asked if I was interested and I said yes. Then the Hampton Inn was built in 2000, and I applied for the front desk manager position and got the job. I helped open the hotel in that position. After a few years, I transitioned back to the Comfort Inn as the Assistant General Manager and when the current General Manager moved with her husband in 2004 I, moved into her spot. After about five years as the General Manager, I moved into the Sales position and held that position for about five years. In 2013, I came back to the Comfort Inn as the General Manager, again when the current General Manager moved with her husband. I really enjoy being back at the hotel and working with this team.  I really love working directly with guests on a daily basis.


Q. What brought you to the St. Robert, Missouri area?

A. I was born at the hospital in Rolla. My dad was int he military and he and my mom chose to stary here from Connecticut. 

Q. What are some of your favorite things to do when you are not at work?

A. I prefer to spend time with my family. I enjoy hearing about their day and supporting them in the things they do.  

Q. What do you like most about your job?

A. I like that it is different every day.  Some things stay the same but I work with some great peers, awesome team members, and so many interesting guests.  Depending on the day I can spend time with guests, with our team and other times I work away on fun projects. I also really like that our company is so active and encouraging of community involvement.  I've been able to meet some really fun people and grow myself both personally and professionally! 






Q. What did you want to be when you grew up?

A. I wanted to be a teacher, particularly a social studies teacher. I'd still love to teach but maybe when I retire!  

Q. What is something very few people know about you?

A. I love to read and play word games.  I am very competitive and will challenge anyone to a game of Scrabble!

Q. Tell us about your family?

A. I am married to my husband of 18 years, Sam.  I have two boys, Crismon (14) and Zander (11).  My mom and two brothers live in the area, as well as my husband's parents.





Q. What activities are you involved with outside of work?


A. Most of my organizations I work with are through my job.  I am a board member of the Waynesville/St. Robert Chamber of Commerce. I help with the Chamber Choices Program and Leadership Pulaski County.  I am also an Alumni Associate of the Leadership Pulaski County.  I am a Waynesville/St. Robert Chamber of Commerce Ambassador and I sit on the boards of the Pulaski County Tourism Board, Pulaski County Growth Alliance and the Waynesville School Financial Advisory Board. I am a Certified Hospitality Administrator with the AH&LA (American Hotel and Lodging Association).  Most importantly I am a wife and a mom. I thoroughly enjoy hearing about my kids days at school and supporting them in their extracurricular activities.


Thank You, Janel Rowell, For Your Hard-Work!

Fort Wood Hotels is honored to have such an outstanding individual on our team.  Janel Rowell's dedication and work ethic continues to set the bar at Fort Wood Hotels.  We are lucky to have such an outstanding team member.


STAY WITH US AT FORT WOOD HOTELS


Whether you stay for a weekend or a week, we know you will have plenty to keep you busy. Plan your next great trip to St. Robert MO, and stay a few days. We have so much to see! Fort Wood Hotels has six different properties to choose from and we will find exactly what you need for your visit. Just make sure you choose one of our hotels near Fort Leonard Wood as your place to stay. Fort Wood Hotels has been serving guests and communities in and around the Fort Leonard Wood Missouri area since 1999. We are absolutely committed to ensuring that your stay is as special as the reason you are here. 

Staying for a day...a week...or a month?  We've got you covered!




Make sure to follow all our social media channels:

Reservations: 573-451-3678

Sales Office: 573-451-3203

sales@fortwoodhotels.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What People Love Most About Comfort Inn in St. Roberts/Fort Leonard Wood

Get More Amenities at Our MainStay Extended Stay Hotel!

Breweries to Enjoy in the Fort Leonard Wood Area