Make Plans To Visit Your Soldier This Holiday Season!
Holidays are just around the corner and there is no better way to spend the holidays than with family. Make plans this holiday season to visit your favorite soldier in Fort Leonard Wood Missouri. Soldiers in the training program will have a couple weeks off around Christmas, so make the most of it by staying close to your soldier. Fort Leonard Wood Military Post is only minutes away from our family of hotels, making our hotels the perfect lodging choice when staying for the holidays. Our hotels in St. Robert, MO are only a short 3-minute drive to nearby Fort Leonard Wood, minutes from downtown Waynesville and the historic Route 66, making it the perfect choice to stay for the holidays! Fort Wood Hotels has six hotel options to choose from when you need a hotel near Fort Leonard Wood, MO. Many of our staff members have a military background, so they make sure every military family feels at home when staying at any of our properties. You will not find higher quality hotels at a better value in our area and we absolutely guarantee satisfaction.
Tips When Visiting Your Soldier For The Holidays
Find out how long your soldier has to visit with family. If your soldier is in training, you may only have certain days you can visit. Make sure you confirm exact dates for family days. Plan to arrive a day earlier to spend as much time with them as possible. You will need to find out if your graduate will be able to leave base while you are in town. Each unit may be different, so find out in advance so you can plan accordingly.
Book your stay early. There are many graduations and other family days happening on the same day, so book your stay early. We have lots of lodging options but if you are looking for a specific room type, lock it in early to ensure you get the exact room you want during your stay.
Plan out all details regarding entry into the military base. Plan to leave early due to many graduations and family days happening at the same time. There may be a line to enter the base, so leave early to make sure you are not late. Be prepared and have all documentation ready before getting to the base.
Make plans to visit the local attractions!If your graduate is able to get away while you are in town, make sure you know all the great places to have fun. This area is packed with attractions, museums, outdoor activities, and restaurants. Make the most out of your time in town but do some research ahead of time to fit it all in. Fort Wood Hotels is located within minutes from many local attractions, so having FUN while visiting is a must. Make sure you make plans to check out our list of US Army Museums. The best part is they are all three under the same roof and FREE of charge. Each museum has their own gift shop to browse so you can have a keepsake to remember this full day of history. Read below to learn more about the US Army Chemical Corps Museum, US Army Military Police Museum, the US Army Engineer Museum, and other local attractions.
- Historic Route 66: This highway was one of the first highways in the US Highway System. Stretching from Chicago to Los Angeles, we are fortunate to have such history running through our community. Visit the many unique sites along our stretch of Route 66.
- M-60 Military Tank: Have you ever seen a military tank in person? This is a must see and even better; you can touch it, take pictures and see how impressive a military tank is up close. Not to mention, if you have little ones, they will LOVE this attraction!
- City of St. Robert Museum: Small town charm must start somewhere so stroll through the local City of St. Robert Museum to see where it all began in our charming town.
- Theater on the Square: Sit back and relax with the Theater on the Square. Located in Waynesville this local favorite is only minutes away!
- US Army Museums: Our location to Fort Leonard Wood makes it only minutes to visit these three US Army Museums which include, US Army Military Police Corps Museum, US Army Engineer Museum, and US Army Chemical Corps Museum.
|WWII Chemical Mask|
- Uranus Fudge Factory: Do you need souvenirs? This is a great place to satisfy your sweet tooth as well as buy a nice gift for those you love. Who doesn’t like shopping when traveling?
- Old Stagecoach Stop Museum: Built in the 1800’s this 10-room historic building served many purposes over the course of its time. Ranging from a hospital, tavern, dentist office, and the list goes on. Step back in time to see what our Ozark history is all about.
CHOOSE THE RIGHT HOTEL FOR YOUR STAY
With many lodging options ranging from a hotel room to a full kitchen suite, we have you covered. With Fort Wood Hotels, you can still make your family favorite dish or dessert while on the road. Let us help you make planning your next trip to the area as easy as possible. With six different lodging options to choose from, we have price points to fit anyone's budget. If you need to stay one night, we have you covered. If you need to stay a couple of days, no problem. If you would like to make a week out of visiting the area, we can certainly do that as well. We can work with you to make coming to the area as easy as possible for you and your family. You can visit one website, www.FortWoodHotels.com to check out all of our six properties and compare them to see which one is the right fit for your budget and needs.
Not only do our price points work for any family visiting the area, we also have a wide variety of room types to choose from. Some of our rooms have kitchens while others are your standard hotel room. Some of our properties offer free breakfast, free laundry, and many other perks while staying with us to make your trip even more affordable. Our website is a great place to compare all the amenities of each property to see which one is right for you.
Fairfield Inn by Marriott
Hampton Inn by Hilton
Each property offers a unique experience for the visitor. If you are a Hilton, Marriott, IHG, or Choice rewards member, we have options to use your rewards. Check out a full list of each hotel's amenities on our website. All of our properties have high-speed internet, breakfast available either for free or for purchase, fitness center, and much more. All the conveniences of home but closer to your loved one in the military.