Congratulations to Roxan McAlmont for 22 Years and Happy Retirement!

This week we like to recognize our General Manager at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert, Roxan McAlmont. She is retiring this month after working hard for us for 22 years! We appreciate her dedication and hard work inside our company and she will be greatly missed. Read on to learn more about Roxan McAlmont!

About Roxan McAlmont 

I started working part-time at Fairfield Inn in 1998 when they first opened under different ownership. In 2002, Steve brought the hotel and asked us to stay with the company. At the time I was front desk manager and continued as the front desk manager after the ownership transitioned. I later became the General Manager in 2012.

As a military wife, we were transferred to the area in 1997. I have stayed in the area ever since.

I love to kick back and relax. Usually, when I am not at work, I am catching up with work at the house. I do enjoy sitting down to play my favorite game Candy Crush on my tablet. In the past, you may have seen me playing bingo but these days, I am more low-key.

I am an active Kiwanis member. I also help lead a Fort Wood Hotels Relay for Life Team for Pulaski County. This year I became a graduate of Leadership Pulaski County Class 2018. In addition to that, I participate in the Waynesville-St Robert Chamber of Commerce. It keeps me busy but I enjoy getting involved with the local community.

For the most part, I can't remember exactly what I wanted to be when I grew up. I have always loved working with numbers, which lead me down the path of accounting. I went to school in accounting in Guyana, South America and worked in that field for a few years. I started working in accounting at AAFES in Fort Huachuca. I was transferred to this area working in the retail division. That move brought me to the area which led me to work for this company.

This is a fun fact but I am double-jointed. I have always been able to slip my shoulders out of its socket. When I was younger, I used the skill to be mischievous. One example was a boy was swimming by my arms and I slipped my joints out of its socket. I told him he did it to me and that I was going to tell the principal. He was so scared and I thought it was funny. It was a joke but he didn't think it was too funny.

I am originally from Guyana in South America. I come from a large family which I love. There were seven of us, four boys and three girls. Unfortunately, my parents have both passed and two of my siblings. As for the rest of my siblings, we are spread all over. Two of them in Canda, two live Guyana, South American and I live here. I do have one daughter, Keane. She lives in Virginia and works for Virginia State University.

Network and Recognize Recognize Roxan McAlmont!

February 27th from 9:30 am - 10:30 am  - Fairfield Inn

Network with Community and Chamber Members over a cup of coffee. February 27th from 9:30-10:30 a.m. at Fairfield Inn. Tell your story with the Chamber and meet Roxan and see our hotel!

Fort Wood Hotels is Hiring! 

At Fort Wood Hotels, we are absolutely committed to our mission: To serve...Our Guests, Our Community, and Each Other. Our hotels and staff consistently earn top awards, and our unbeatable guest satisfaction speaks volumes about our commitment to you. We listen to our guests and respond to their needs. We absolutely guarantee satisfaction. It all comes back to offering hometown hospitality and giving the guests what they need. 



We are currently hiring at our hotels in St. Robert, Mo. We are proud of our employees and we believe we give them the right environment to succeed. Our hotels in Fort Leonard Wood is known for their Ozark Hospitality which we have a great deal of pride. This customer service first starts with our employees and our approach to give them something to take pride in. Visit our website for a list of open positions and to apply! 


Staying for a day...a week...or a month?  We've got you covered!





Make sure to follow all our social media channels:

Reservations: 573-451-3678

Sales Office: 573-451-3203

sales@fortwoodhotels.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What People Love Most About Comfort Inn in St. Roberts/Fort Leonard Wood

Breweries to Enjoy in the Fort Leonard Wood Area

Get More Amenities at Our MainStay Extended Stay Hotel!