Congratulations Mattie Walden! Retiring Summer of 2021 After 22 Years with Fairfield Inn!

This week we have an incredibly special feature on our blog! Our very own Mattie Walden of Fairfield Inn will be retiring after working at Fairfield Inn for 22 years! Mattie is truly a delight to work with and although we are sad to see her go, we are excited for her to start enjoying her retirement this Summer! Learn more about our Executive Housekeeper, Mattie Walden, and her experience working at Fairfield Inn!




Q. How did you get started with Fort Wood Hotels?

A: In May of 1999, I joined Fairfield Inn as a housekeeper prior to the hotel being owned by Steve Ehrhardt.

Q. What brought you to the St. Robert, Missouri area?

A: In 1997, my husband Bernie retired from the Army in Fort Leonard Wood.

Q. What are some of your favorite things to do when you are not at work?

A: Some of my favorite things to do when I am not at work is spending time with family, watching horror films, and shopping. 



Q. What do you like most about your job?

A: In my job, I really enjoy meeting and talking with our guests from all over. 

Q. What did you want to be when you grew up?

A: Growing up I always dreamed of being a solider in the military. I accomplished my dream in 1979 when I became a supply clerk in the Army.

Q. What is something very few people know about you?

A: I enjoy riding around town with my daughter Carrie while she plays Pokémon Go.

Q. Tell us about your family?

A: I am happily married to my husband Bernie for 42 years. I am a mother to three wonderful daughters Shelia, Tammy and Carrie as well as a proud Grandma to three grandsons, Cody, Blake and Mason. 

Q. What activities are you involved with outside of work?

A: In past years, I have enjoyed participating in Relay for Life with Fort Wood Hotels.



Book Your Stay With Us At Fort Wood Hotels! 


If you're looking for lodging in Fort Wood Hotels, book your stay with us at one of our five hotel properties! When you stay with us, you are treated like family and served by many wonderful employees just like Mattie! We absolutely guarantee satisfaction. This is why our hotels consistently earn top awards. It all comes back to giving guests what they want. When you stay at one of Fort Wood Hotels by Ehrhardt Properties, you will realize we take our mission very seriously!

Make sure to follow all our social media channels:


Reservations: 573-451-3678

Sales Office: 573-451-3203

sales@fortwoodhotels.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What People Love Most About Comfort Inn in St. Roberts/Fort Leonard Wood

Get More Amenities at Our MainStay Extended Stay Hotel!

Breweries to Enjoy in the Fort Leonard Wood Area