Employee Spotlight - Jo Ann McGrath: Operations Manager at Mainstay Suits!

Our incredible employees are what make us able to offer top-notch hospitality and service to our guests. They work hard to ensure guest satisfaction and stand by our mission: To Serve...Our Guests, Our Community, and Each Other! Today, we'd like to spotlight our Operations Manager of Mainstay Suites, Jo Ann McGrath! Read on to learn more about her work with Fort Wood Hotels as well as some things she's passionate about outside of work! 




Jo Ann McGrath

Operations Manager Mainstay Suites

How did I get started with Fort Wood Hotels?

Right after my husband passed away in June 2005 I needed a new job. My daughter had a friend that was helping Mainstay open and suggested that I apply for the front desk at Fort Wood Hotels. I had an interview at Comfort Inn and was hired a few days later and I have been with the company ever since. July will be my 16th year anniversary.



What brought me to the St. Robert, Missouri area?

The Army Stationed my father on Fort Leonard Wood where I was born and raised.

What are some of my favorite things to do when I am not at work?

Facetime with my grandbabies, play BINGO, and shop.

What do you like most about your job?

I honestly like almost everything about my job. I get to meet guest from all over the world that come and stay with us for months at a time. The guest pups and kitties are fun too.


What did I want to be when I grew up?

I thought I wanted to be a Dental Assistant.

What is something very few people know about you?

My parents and I owned and operated The Wild Flower floral shop here in Saint Robert for 14 years. I miss the customers not the work.

Tell us about my family

I am very proud of both my children, my son Michael is in the army stationed in Colorado. My daughter Megan works in Rolla and lives here. I have three awesome grandchildren that live in Colorado.


Jo Ann along with her Leadership Pulaski County Class collected and filled backpacks for foster kids for a local organization! 


What activities are you involved in?

I am a member of the VFW Post 2025 Auxiliary.

Leadership Pulaski County class 8 member. (Alumni)

Relay for life Pulaski County

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.

Walk to end Alzheimer's



As a breast cancer survivor, supporting these local causes is something Jo Ann is passionate about! 


Book Your Stay With Us at Fort Wood Hotels! 

We are grateful for wonderful employees like Jo Ann McGrath! They truly make our hotels the success they are today! Whether you stay for a weekend or a week, we know you will have plenty to keep you busy. Plan your next great trip to St. Robert MO, and stay a few days. We have so much to see! Fort Wood Hotels has six different properties to choose from and we will find exactly what you need for your visit. Just make sure you choose one of our hotels near Fort Leonard Wood as your place to stay. Fort Wood Hotels has been serving guests and communities in and around the Fort Leonard Wood Missouri area since 1999. We are absolutely committed to ensuring that your stay is as special as the reason you are here. 

Staying for a day...a week...or a month?  We've got you covered!




Make sure to follow all our social media channels:

Reservations: 573-451-3678

Sales Office: 573-451-3203

sales@fortwoodhotels.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What People Love Most About Comfort Inn in St. Roberts/Fort Leonard Wood

Breweries to Enjoy in the Fort Leonard Wood Area

Get More Amenities at Our MainStay Extended Stay Hotel!