Employee Spotlight - Operations Manager of Candlewood Suites, Chris Outten

Fort Wood Hotels has five award-winning hotels in St. Robert, Mo, and this wouldn't be possible without our incredible employees! Our mission at Fort Wood Hotels is to serve our guests, our community, and each other. Our team of top-notch employees that make our mission a reality through community involvement and always serving our guests with Ozarks Hospitality! Read on to learn more about our Operations Manger of Candlewood Suites, Chris Outten.

1)   How did you get started with FWH?

I worked at Blockbuster for a few years along side Gail. But then blockbuster shut down as a company due to Netflix dominating sales. I started delivering with UPS for a while temporarily before Gail informed me about FWH and what a great company it is to work for and that I should apply! Shortly after that, I was hired at CWS and have been with the CWS brand / FWH company ever since then!

2) What brought you to the St. Robert area?

My dad was Military. We lived here in middle school, went to Germany for 3 years, then came back here for my senior year. My dad then ended up retiring here shortly after my senior year and my family has stayed here since!

3) What are some of your fav things to do when not at work?

Some of my favorite hobbies include- Skateboarding, Video Games, Creating Music Digitally / Playing Musical Instruments.


4) What do you like most about your job?

I like the connections we can build at our Job. Whether this be on a professional level such as coworkers and management, or just getting to know the guests and how to serve them better. Everyone has a story to tell if we but listen.

5) What did you want to be when you grew up?

Growing up I had always wanted to be an Astronaut, Professional Skater, Police Officer, or Teacher.

6) What is something very few people know about you?

I can play 4 musical instruments to include piano, guitar, drums, and saxophone. I have also been sponsored for skateboarding before.



7) Tell us about your family?

My close family all live here in Waynesville Mo. Me and my younger brother Joshua have an apartment together in Waynesville, and my mom and dad (Cathy & Matt) have their house in Waynesville also. We have two family dogs, one goldendoodle and one mini poodle. (Remington & Penelope) My dad retired from the military after 20+ years, My mom is still a current teacher out on post and retires soon, and my brother works at the Walmart here in St. Robert.


 

8) What activities are you involved with outside of work?

Currently, I am undertaking the 2021 Pulaski County Leadership Course to enhance my management skills, foster important connections in the community, to learn how to better serve the workplace and community simultaneously, and to complete service projects such as a community Food Drive, and Restoration work at the downtown Pulaski County Museum.

Book Your Stay With Us at Fort Wood Hotels!

Whether you stay for a weekend or a week, we know you will have plenty to keep you busy. Plan your next great trip to St. Robert MO, and stay a few days. Fort Wood Hotels has five different properties to choose from and we will find exactly what you need for your visit. Fort Wood Hotels has been serving guests and communities in and around the Fort Leonard Wood Missouri area since 1999. We are absolutely committed to ensuring that your stay is as special as the reason you are here.

Staying for a day...a week...or a month?  We've got you covered!




Make sure to follow all our social media channels:

Reservations: 573-451-3678

Sales Office: 573-451-3203

sales@fortwoodhotels.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What People Love Most About Comfort Inn in St. Roberts/Fort Leonard Wood

Breweries to Enjoy in the Fort Leonard Wood Area

Get More Amenities at Our MainStay Extended Stay Hotel!