How Our Employees Feel Working at Fort Wood Hotels

At Fort Wood Hotels, our whole focus is on taking care of our customers and making sure they have a wonderful guest experience. That being our goal, we know our teammates make all the difference in achieving that outcome. It takes everyone from the Guest Attendant who greets you when you come in the door, to the room attendants who make sure your room is sparkling clean, and even the maintenance engineers who make sure everything is functioning and in tiptop condition. So, as you might imagine, it’s not only important that our guests enjoy being at our hotels, we want our employees to feel just as great about working here as our clients feel staying here. Even that is a team effort, and you can tell when you hear some of the things our staff members have to say about working at Fort Wood Hotels. If you’d like to get a nice feeling for how our team works together for the good of our guests, we have quotes directly from them in today’s blog.

Rowland - Maintenance Engineer. 

He says it is pretty cool to get excited to go to work every day, to see your teammates and they ask how your morning is or how you are. It is the ultimate team concept!

What keeps me here is … 

Culture and cohesiveness. I assist all five hotels. No matter which hotel I go to, I feel a part of the team. If I need help at my hotel, I can go to the others and check out the layout and get tips. I like a challenge and each hotel is different.

What I like is …

Making a difference. It is a privilege to help each hotel. It is very cool to work in multiple environments. I like to make a difference.

My tip for new team mates is … 

Be open minded and dependable. You were taught new techniques and can learn anything. Please be dependable, the teams are counting on you.


Christi - Front Desk Attendant.

Her smile is infectious! You feel welcomed right away when she greets you. You can tell her passion is people and taking care of them.

What keeps me here is …

I feel valued. I am not just an extra person. I took the job to support my daughter after the unexpected death of my husband. Trevor, my manager, makes all the difference. His conversation with me made me feel valued. All the management team supports me and each other and adds to my skill set in their own way.

What I like is …

Seeing families come together and our HSA. Our guests are awesome. I love seeing the different people and watching families come together. It warms my heart. The Health Savings Account is great. It helps my daughter and me. Our company provides a matching opportunity per pay period.

My tip for new team mates is …

Be personable and willing to learn. You need to make the guest feel welcome and engage with them. When they walk in and see a clean great experience they also need to match that with how they are treated.


Tyler - Front Desk Attendant.

He makes a great impression on guests! You will see his name in reviews. The bean burrito loving, ukulele playing, fun loving infamous Tyler at Hampton Inn.

What keeps me here is …

Everyone is nice, fun, kind and understanding. I am grateful for this job. I learned the hard way what a good job is with past jobs I took for just the money. Trevor and Rodney work with my schedule for college. I am studying in OTC and I’m graduating with psychiatric health as my degree.

What I like is …

I like to serve people and I like our medical benefits. I like the opportunity to make people happy. I enjoy making others happy, that makes me happy! I moved here from Hawaii and the people here are similar to there. I like the people here and I like our medical benefit. It helps me out.

My tip for new team mates is …

Honesty. We need people who are honest. You need to be trustworthy and not talk behind others’ backs. I think this is important and we don’t have [people doing] that at the hotel.

Join the Fort Wood Team! 

You really can feel a team spirit and camaraderie among our employees here at Fort Wood Hotels. We are proud to offer them a great benefits package, as well as training in any areas they may need. We truly believe you will not find a higher quality hotel near Fort Leonard Wood at a better value, and we can promise that because of people like Roland, Christie and Tyler who not only bring their skills, but their heart to work every single day. When you are looking for lodging in the Fort Leonard Wood area, or a great place to stay in St. Robert for family reunion or other type of get together, you can count on our staff treating you like family. So, think of us next time you are looking for a hotel in mid-Missouri, and be sure to follow us on social media to hear more from our staff & guests, as well as tips and helpful information about the Fort Leonard Wood area. We have links to our channel below. If you are looking for a job in the Fort Leonard Wood area or employment opportunities in mid-Missouri, go to the Employment Page of our website to find current openings and apply online. We would love to welcome you to the family! 



Make sure to follow all our social media channels:

Reservations: 573-451-3678
Sales Office: 573-451-3203
sales@fortwoodhotels.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What People Love Most About Comfort Inn in St. Roberts/Fort Leonard Wood

Get More Amenities at Our MainStay Extended Stay Hotel!

Breweries to Enjoy in the Fort Leonard Wood Area